Incorporated in 1974 as the first private bank in the country, Commercial Bank is today one of the leading financial institutions in Qatar with a profitable track record since inception. We continue to play an important role in driving innovation and raising service standards in banking across the region through our investment in new technology, a clear focus on customers and prudent management. Our country-wide network includes 28 full service branches, 175 ATMs and 7 cheque book printing machines, and we also own and operate exclusive ‘Diners Club’ franchise in Qatar and Turkey. We are listed on the Qatar Exchange and were the first Qatari bank to list its Global Depository Receipts on the London Stock Exchange. Commercial Bank’s bonds issuance is listed on the Irish Stock Exchange and the Swiss Exchange (SIX). The Bank’s vision is to be ‘The Best Bank in Qatar’ based on the foundation of its values or 5 C’S. Corporate Earnings Quality, Client Experience, Creativity and Innovation, Culture, and Compliance.
Our continual investment in technology and people, together with our strong capital base, provides a solid foundation for further growth. Commercial Bank has a robust financial position, with total assets of QAR 143.7 billion as at 30 June 2020 and a capital adequacy ratio of 17.3%. The Bank enjoys strong credit ratings of (A3) from Moody’s, (A) from Fitch, and (BBB+) from Standard & Poor’s.
As Commercial Bank celebrates 45 years of success and innovation, it has received numerous prestigious awards in 2020 such as:
- International Finance Magazine’s “Best Mobile Banking Application” and the “Most Innovative Digital Bank” in Qatar Awards.
- The Euromoney’s “Excellence in Leadership” in the Middle East Award.
- The Banker’s “Innovation in Digital Banking” in the Middle East Award.
- The Asian Banker’s “Best Digital Bank” in Qatar Award.
- Global Finance’s “Best in Social Media Marketing and Services” Award, in addition to 6 more prestigious awards from Global Finance, Middle East.